(or mutuals willing to exchange email addresses)
Would any of you be interested in a free copy of The Ship?
It’s a video game where the multiplayer version has you trapped on a cruise ship and you have to kill other passengers while not getting caught and taking care of your basic needs. The single-player version has the same deal but there’s a storyline and stuff.
If more than two people are interested, I’ll turn it into a giveaway, but otherwise why bother right?
Like this post if you’re interested, please.
smoo told me to draw zutara week stuff so instead i drew some modern au gaang. sorry for my shitty handwriting.
One of my favourite Sassy Regina moments
This will forever be the best quote in the history of ouat
Video game meme: [4/7] video games - Bioshock Infinite
"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist."
British researchers have created the ‘new black’ of the science world - and it is being dubbed super black.
The material absorbs all but 0.035 per cent of light, a new world record, and is so dark the human eye struggles to discern its shape and dimension, giving the appearance of a black hole.
Named Vantablack, or super black, it also conducts heat seven and half times more effectively than copper, and is ten times stronger than steel.
It is created by Surrey NanoSystems using carbon nanotubes, which are 10,000 thinner than human hair and so miniscule that light cannot get in but can pass into the gaps in between.
I had to stop myself from over rendering the hot tamale
You're not as bad as everyone says you are.
Let me talk to you about books.
Specifically, one book. This book.
This book should be a best seller. This book should be required reading for graduating from high school. Before you get that diploma, you read this book.
This book deals with debunking “Neurosexism,” which is a very fancy term for all of that evolutionary psychology bullshit that people spill about those “brain differences” between boys and girls.
This book debunks such myths as:
- Boys are better at math than girls
- Women make crappy lawyers/business CEOs/etc, as their brains are not cut out for aggression.
- Men make crappy counselors/primary school teachers/primary parents/etc, as their brains are not cut out for empathy.
- MEN ARE BUILT FOR GOING OUT AND HUNTING WHILE WOMEN ARE BUILT FOR STAYING HOME AND BABYMAKING IT’S NOT SEXISM IT’S JUST BIOLOGY
- And many other such myths.
Furthermore, this book covers topics such as:
- Neurosexism and gender perceptions in multiple races (as this is not a singularly white experience, just as the western world isn’t a singularly white experience)
- Sex discrimination in the workplace, and how women are (or, more often, are not) allowed to behave
- How science is used (badly) to support many of these claims
- Experiences of trans* people, both through interviews and empirical studies.
AND FINALLY - It is all brilliantly researched, cited, compiled - and it’s easy to read! Cordelia Fine actually manages to be funny while writing this, which I think is important, because it makes all of this information infinitely accessible.
Delusions of Gender has reinforced what Oberlin taught me: The gender binary is stupid and arbitrary, and dangerous. And it is a self-perpetuating bias that needs to be addressed to be overcome.
gonna need a spark to ignite
Didn’t your mother ever teach you to fight proper?
I’m taking a short break from inking the comic to do a quick sketch of Bigby Wolf and Snow White from the Wolf Among Us (and Fables). I really like those two’s energy and am obsessed with the game right now. Who did it? I will find out!